70's Receiver and/or Integrated Amp recommendations

Hi folks,

Looking for recommendations for 70's Receivers and Integrated Amps that will mate well with my Vandersteen 2C's?  I recently sold my Roksan Kandy integrated and Arcam irDAC as I am getting more and more into listening to vinyl these days. I've been using my old Megatech TT-1100 turntable and it still sounds good after all these years. My 2-channel system is in a second bedroom I converted into a den or second tv room. My budget is $500-$600, but I'd like to use some of that (if possible) to upgrade my TT, but I can hold off on that if needed. I know there is tons of different vintage 70's gear out there and it all sounds different. My biggest requirement is finding the right one that mates well "has the chemistry" with the Vandy 2C's. 

Thanks, 
JSB
jsbach1685
I'm not sure why you're restricting yourself to the '70; but if you could extend to the '80s the Nakamichi TA and SR series Nelson Pass designs are unbeatable and have gorgeous phono sections. 

Ive got about 50-60 of these and have tried lots of others. Brands I would avoid are: Sony, Yamaha (Natural sound), Tandberg, Realistic...to my ears they are sub-par.

Many Kenwoods are also pretty lame....If you want one stick to the 9600 or the later "50" Series (7050/8050).  Dont bother with the "Nines" or "Elevens". They look stunning...I have several...but are Mediocre performance wise

Top 3 Marantz's are the 2330, 2285 (Not B) and 2325 although you wont find any in your price range. The 2270/2275 are OK but nothing to brag about at all. Avoid the lower end models.

Pioneer 9100 Integrated is very nice. Im sure the 9800 is at least as good BUT will run you more than 600 most likely.

Sansui in your price range I would strongly suggest the EIGHT DELUXE (Not the Eight). Other ones to consider are the 881, 5000x. Many other great ones but not in your price range.

Pioneer receivers: 1010, 939, SX-950, SX-1050 should fit the bill.

Technics - SA-700 or SA-800

Sherwood - 9910A

NIKKO NR1415

Luxman R1070 or R1120. These are great for detail/clarity...you will hear stuff with these that are missing on almost all of the above receivers BUT they are geared more to acoustic or softer music. If you play "congested" Hard Rock you will lose all the detail that separates them from the rest of the pack.

Hope you find this helpful

$500-$600 for high end vintage is going to be rough.  I had a Pioneer SA9900 for 30 years.  Best integrated they ever made.  When I went to find another they were all $1000 +.  You'll need to find someone anxious to sell who needs money.  It took me a while(6 months) to find a Marantz 2252B.  But I got it for $98.