6SN7 and 6SL7 tubes recomendations (Cayin A88T integrated)

Hi everyone,

my integrated Cayin A88T uses KT88 as power tubes, and 6SN7 and 6SL7 as preamp tubes. I would like to upgrade the tubes, what would be the best options with new tubes (not NOS)?

It seems that 6SN7 can be substitued by cv181, but their are many nrands an models. The same for 6SL7, many option (Shuguang, Psvane, Sofia Electric...).

I'm currently using TungSol new tubes. Already have some NOS (RCA, Silvania), didn't like them (less detailed, not so open sound stage...).

Thank you.

cris_fon_sp

+1 on the Linlai's. I have a pair of Global Elites in my Aric Audio preamp and have to say they are really nice. As good or better than some of the NOS one's I have tried.

Linlai E-6SN7 is excellent, transparent and dynamic. But it has a large bottle, there's a diagram with measurements on the website.

I have Cayin A88T, mk1 with 16 ohm taps/internal bias.

I switched from 6550 and prefer KT88's. Have you checked your bias?

I bought replacement 6sl7 from Brent Jesse, glad I chose him, he let me return the matched pair I bought and did NOT like the sound of.

6sl7wgt Sylvania military (picked so the would purposely look different than the adjacent and identically sized 6sn7s (that's how I blew one, put it in wrong socket)

he said: break them in for 60 hrs, still no like, return for full refund.

I found and love the sound of 6sl7gt general electric, side getter, cylindrical plates 

they sound just like the Cayin originals whatever they are.

I'm still using Cayin 6sn7's