6H30 tubes ringing in BAT VK-300SE

I have had this issue in nearly every 6H30 tube I have bought for my BAT VK-300xSE integrated. Whenever I switch inputs, or the unit comes out of warm-up mode, or out of mute, I get a high pitched ping followed by a ringing sound out of the speakers.

I have tried 3 different sets of tubes- two pairs of Electro Harmonix gold pins, and one set of Sovteks. Eventually it gets to the point where if I tap on the chassis of the BAT, I get the high pitched ping/ringing out of the speakers. The last new set of EH's I bought, when I pulled them out of the box brand new, and tapped on the side of them with my finger, bingo- it audibly rings in my hand!

It doesn't seem to affect the sound, but none the less, are there any good sources for QUALITY 6H30 tubes? I am not going to pay $300-$400 for a pair of the "New old Stock" DR tubes. I have bought all of the Sovteks and EH's from Music Direct. Maybe they got a whole batch of bad ones?

Please Help!!!
mekong56

Showing 1 response by mboldda1

i have a pair of raytheon 5814wa that ring when i tap on the preamp or even the stand. i use herbies and they still do it. the tubes sound great and vibration from the speakers don't seem to effect the sound. people tell me just don't tap on the preamp and that there are some great sounding tubes that do it.