6550 vs KT88 vs KT90

From what I hear, these tubes are interchangable on most amps it seems that the 6550 is the least loved tube of the bunch. What are the sonic differences of these tubes? Thanks in advance for your reply.
jman

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

Resurrected an 18 year dead thread, so you can respond (to yourself, repeatedly) about everything sounding the same?       The only thing, "the same" about the Svetlana 6550, that’s been made by Sovtek since SED’s St Petersburg (Winged =C=) plant burned down and took their manufacturing equipment with it (some years after this thread started/ended); is the name that Sovtek/New Sensor/Reflektor acquired.       Not saying it’s a bad tube.            Simply not the same tube.       Just as those that are now manufacturing, Mullard, Tung-Sol, Gold Lion/Genelex, etc, repops.      None of them are the same, or- sound the same, as the original valves.       I have noticed; some of the most reputable tube mongers that used to sell and and extol the virtues of the SED/Winged =C= brand tubes, aren’t selling the Sovtek repops.       Doug’s tubes does list Sovtek’s Svetlana 6550C as, "A great choice for people on a budget."        To each his own, of course!

You’re talking about an eBay seller:      "Why would he lie about it?"      Hilarious!        Provide a quad of unmarked, NOS original SEDs and the same, of the later Sovtek version, to install in my monoblocks (a quad each) and bring your wallet.      I’ve never been a big gambler, unless the odds and experience are in my favor.      btw: You couldn’t have heard the full potential of any of the new tubes you returned, after only 10 hours.