6550 to KT88

I switched out my EH6550's to JJ KT88's yesterday in my Rogue M120's, quite a difference from the get go...much better bass, sound stage is wide/deeper and overall I like the way they reproduce the music better... so now I'm wondering if the KT90's will be any better? Anyone go from the 88's to the 90's and stay with the 90's? Thanks for your comments.
Ag insider logo xs@2xtimson

Showing 2 responses by jsquattrin

I have a rogue audio zues that came with the EH6550's. I was expecting the EHKT88. I was wondering if there is a big difference in sound staging and bass by going to the KT88, also which KT88 is the most well rounded? Has anyone tried the SED pearl cryo valve svkt88. The info I have read is that they are best modern production KT88. Kind of pricey for a new tube,$145.00 a pair. I have read good things about the jj KT88 and the winged 'c' KT88 from the original svetlana plant in russia. I have been thinking about trying the kt88 or KT90, but it sounds like the kt90 is going in the wrong direction. Are the electro harmonix kt88s better than the 6550s?