600 used speakers?

I know that this isn't going to be hi-fi, but hopefully, I can buy some nice sounding speakers in that price range.

My system so far: Adcom GFA 555 amp, PS Audio 4.6 Pre-Amp, Harmon Kardon CDR-2.

The room is approximately 14' X 20' w/ 8' ceilings, a large oriental rug, a couch and a bay window . It's the living room of a brownstone that I'm renovating & there's not too much extra space in the room, so I like the idea of something tall & slender (looks count). The speakers will be on the 14' wall facing the bay window.

I listen to alot of CDR's: including, but not limited to Bonnie Raitt, Aretha Franklin, Patti Smith, Led Zepplin, Clapton, Grateful Dead and so on.

Eventually, I'm going to invest in good inter-connects, speaker wire, a power source and a decent turntable....but for now I need speaker.

THANK YOU
mctuff

Showing 1 response by elberonrom

I have an Adcom 535II that I've been using to drive Vandersteen 2CEs and PSB Silver Minis (but not simultaneously). Both speakers sound very well on my 535II. Without trying to start an argument with anyone, the 2CEs get the nod acoustically but they're not as "slender" as the minis. Also, they have to be placed further away from the back wall than the minis before they really reach their potential.