5751 Triple Mica - really that good?

I have a Jolida JD-100 cd player with Parts Connexion level 1 mods, plus addt'l mods. I've tried Mullard and Telefunken 12AX7 tubes and do like the overall sound. I've been considering triple mica 5751 tubes, thinking it will take the overall sound up another level, but they are costly IMO relative to what I've paid for the 12AX7 tubes.

Are they worth it? Anyone with a JD-100 have experience rolling tubes including 5751s?

Thanks!!!!

pdspecl

Showing 2 responses by abucktwoeighty

My JD-100 has the same mods as yours. I tried a set of the Sylvania trip micas and found they were a little heavy in the bottom for my liking. But this was after I changed the power cord from the stock one to a Virtual Dynamics Power 3 power cord. The new cord added some extra bottom end in itself. I weighed the differences and decided to go with a different tube and keep the cord. I'm currently using a set of TJ Full Music 12ax7's that sound very good top to bottom.

I purchased a Jolida Music Envoy preamp a short time ago which uses 12ax7's and bought a set of Tung-Sol gold pin tubes that produce equally pleasing results. The stock ones were rolled off in the top end.

Your outcome will depend on your system as a whole.
I neglected to say how the Sylvania 5751 black plate trip mica sounded. I agree with the others posting that they sound most excellent.