$5000 to spend....

....Bad news is I got laid off... Good news is I got a nice check for unused vacation time. I'm putting most of it towards a rainy day, but if I were to spend $5000 of it on "improving" my system, how would it best be spent? Is there one component that should be upgraded? Or, should I divvy up the money and put it towards a couple of components? Of course, there are those 2003 Bordeaux and Sauternes futures to consider.. :-)
128x128cpdunn99

Showing 4 responses by cpdunn99

You guys all make a great deal of sense...perhaps too much! I agree with you, Dweller, about needing new energy sources.... and I do work on my health everyday (running, weights, etc.), so that's under control. So how about I step back a bit and think about new digital playback for less $$? ok, ok, I'll stop!
Listener...I think I'll follow that suggestion... thanks!

Marakanetz... you are obviously a wise man and are speaking from considerable experience!! :-))))
OK, so where do I get this Walker sst stuff?

Umalum.... I hear you loud and clear, friend!!! Instead of audio equipment, I've decided to buy a few bottles of 2001 Sauternes. Should set me back about $250-300, rather than 5 grand!
thanks everyone... I've cooled off!! whew, that was close. Instead of dropping that cash, I spend just a few hundred dollars to buy my s/o a wine refrigerator and stocked it with some nice bottles. Her pleasure and surprise was worth that $5000!