500 to spend on int.amp,help me match with gear.

Currently using Yamaha RXV1000 to power PSB Alpha A/V (6ohms)with Music Hall MMF CD25 connected to 5.1 inputs. Current set up sounds a little harsh, and I like a smoother sound. AQ Diamondback ics, Monster Original speaker cables. I also dont want to mess with tubes. Would consider used SS stuff. Thanks for the help!
bundee1

Showing 3 responses by gold001

The Rega Mira does have pre-outs. You could bi-amp it with a Rega Cursa later. Get a Planet CD player, and you'll have some great synergy going. The other nice thing about Rega gear is that it sounds good with inexpensive speakers.

-Patrick
I've found the rega integrated amps to have a nice smooth sound. I've used the Mira and a friend has a Brio. There is very little difference in sound quality between the two. The mira is a little more powerful and has a remote though.

-Patrick
You really can't go wrong with the Rega. It's very easy to listen to in the long term. It also brings out lots of emotion in the music. However any of the amps you're looking at sould provide an upgrade. You might even be able to find a Naim Nait in your price range.

-Patrick