5 Channel Amp for under $2k?

I've been slowly assembling a new system after inheriting some older equipment, which reinspired my interest in audio gear. I've put together a few nice pieces (Aragon Soundstage Pre-Pro, Joseph Audio RM7Si speakers, Denon 2900) but I think my weak link is my 'inherited' amps (Carver & Hafler... each 10+ years old).

I listen to a lot of music (both two channel and newer 5.1 mixes), but we also watch a lot of movies (thanks to NetFlix).

I'm looking for a good 5 channel amp (or combo of other amps) for under $2k. I've investigated the used market for Krell KAV 500, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig, Parasound Halo A52, and EarthQuake Cinenova.

Since I live in HI, auditioning these isn't very feasible so I'm hoping to get some strong recommendations before venturing into the 'used' market, or if there are new products that would rival these ... I'm all ears!

Thanks!
uccprince

Showing 1 response by c123666

Parasound HCA 1206. Six channels. 135 watts/channel at 8 ohms, 200/4 ohms....four channels can be bridged and then you have two channels making 350 watts into 8 ohms. THX approved. Output controls (on the rear) for each of the six channels. Reliable. Good sounding for what it is.

used about 700 to 850 dependind on condition..was 2000 in the late 90s....designed by John Curl

Cannot be beat...more than enough power for all but the most demanding speakers and briding capabilities. It IS a little heavy, though...but it has handles on the front and back!

Used Pass five channel is close to the 2000 budget but a little over it; wonderful amp. The Parasound is such a deal, though.....