5 best selling newish speaker brands in 2013?

Thinking about looking at speakers, but there are too many. What brands are the most popular? Please keep it to 5 or it defeats the purpose...thanks.

Hopefully it won't just be B&W, Magnepan, the usual suspects. Say, stars in the range 1000 to 4000 -ish.

Thanks.
river251

Showing 1 response by tls49

River251, absolutely loved your paragraph with the crazy descriptions, a very good laugh to start the day.

No doubt you should get a long list of recommendations, especially asking for 5 from each one that participates. That really wasn’t necessary. You do realize that if you put 10 audiophiles in a room to solve a problem, they will emerge with at least 11 different solutions.

About 15 years ago, from personal experience and working in the industry, I decided that I prefer the sound of 2-way speakers over 3-way, 4-way, etc. Have used various ones, and currently alternate between 2 models of JM Reynaud. Then about 5 years ago, a good friend got a pair of Zu Audio. Initial impression was very good, but not great. After many, many hours of break-in and some tweaking with system synergy, they began to sound great. Now 5 other mutual friends have Zu Audio speakers, and my next pair of speakers will be something from Zu. IMHO, they do everything well, and have a very lifelike character. No doubt the high sensitivity will be an advantage in your large room, and they work extremely well with tubes.