$40,000: What 2-channel system would you build?

If you had $40,000 (USD) to build a system from scratch, what would you assemble?
Used prices or new prices are welcome.
Solid state, tube, mixed ideas are welcome.
Speakers?
Pre?
Power?
Source?
TT?
Cables?
...let’s say for a medium- to med/lrg- sized room...
...no need to worry about sound treatments or power conditioners, let’s assume that’s taken care of...
Would love to hear what you would build and why you would build it. If it’s what you already have built, great. Share why you love it.
Thanks in advance for any of your builds :)
jo1mtb
Honestly I don't remember. What I remember is that most of the rooms were awful, I heard $100K+ stacks of Esoteric and other gear and that the Vandersteen room was till way too expensive for me, but at least it didn't grate my ears.

i could go any number of ways, but, I would always start with high or reasonably high efficiency speakers because I tend to only like lower powered amps; even if I had an unlimited budget, it would be a low powered amp (pushpull or singled-ended tube, perhaps a First Watt solid state amp). To save a lot of money on amplification, I would build an Elekit 300B kit amp which would hardly dent the $40k budget (I think one with decent transformers costs around $3k).  

Among the decent sounding high efficiency commercial speakers, I would consider an Audio Note AN-E at whatever quality level I could get while spending up to $20k or so.  My other choice is the Charney Audio backloaded horn speaker with the AER driver ($17k); I would seriously consider this speaker even if my budget were $150k.

The rest would be spent on sources (music server/DAC, primarily, not enough budget to also get a worthy vinyl setup), cabling and power line conditioner (something from Isotek).
@OP,
I don't think you listed your current speakers. At least, I haven't seen them on a quick read.
Bob
@larryi I'm more apt to go this route.  But... I can't do ultra low power. 

@gdnrbob  Bob, I've currently got Wilson Audio Sophia 3.  I'll be selling them, and rebuilding a system in about 6 mos.  Likley, I'll go back to Wilson and ARC.  But, we'll see.  This post has made some convincing aregumetns to consider others like Audio Note and more.