300Bs - does leaving them on shorten their life?

New to 300Bs....tempted to turn on and leave on all day. Instead of powering up and down many times. But I think I heard that just idling will wear them out  more quickly.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks!
vineland
There is so much debate about this because powering on is probably the hardest thing you can do to tubes. Personally I always turn mine off when I am finished listening for the day but leave on as long as it is possible I WILL listen. So approx 4-8 hrs on days when I listen to music on my system (not every day).  I would think that if you spend significantly less time listening than not listening turning off is a good way to go. My amp is also class a so it is always full power all the time. So that is a factor for me. 
No it's not a good idea. You need to be there or at least in listening range.. It's just the nature of the beast. Those are exposed bulbs, Valves, or tubes.. Be wise.

They don't always fail and keep it in the glass, get my meaning..

I've seen an valve fire or two. LOL TRUST ME the first one is an eye opener.. I was 15.. I learned QUICK.. Almost burned down my mothers house. I had to pay for the carpet I destroyed.. That wasn't funny. Mac MC20s and a MAC 30 Kit.. BLEW a 6L6.. caught the carpet on fire..

I was trying to power a Jensen Imperial Sub.. It worked great.. UNTIL...
My mother was a saint...

regards
My 300B SET amp has a standby function that allows me to warm the tubes up gradually. I think when they are in standby, at what is essentially a very low idle, it's not using up any or very much life of the tube. This is why, if I have another custom power amp made in the future I plan to request a standby switch.
After you break them in, say 60 hours (no content needed for break-in, just leave them on), IMO it is STUPIDO to leave them on. Other than that I have no opinion on the matter.

Turn em on, go do something else for a few minutes, play, OFF.
STUPIDO - Noted!!! Thanks 

I’ll be turning them off.  heard one post about the trauma of powering up, but may live with that risk. It’s and expensive fix if I hasten their demise.