300B Tubes - Which is Best?

Can't find anything addressing this on site so, here we go! What is your favorite 300B SET tube and why? What source do you use for these little treasures? What experience has anyone had with the Sophias, sound and company who sells them? Any thoughts on Western Electrics and that strange blue glow? Maybe they aren't as vacated of gases as some others? Anything new out there? Thanks, people.
tomryan

Showing 1 response by gjgoldy

It may be an old thread but I will continue it. I have used the Westerns, the TJ mesh plate regular, and the newer Sovetek. All are very good and very reliable. The newer Sovtek's are in the same sound line as the WEs. I am very impressed by them. A WE may be better, but mine always had some harmonic problems which WE failed to verify. The TJs, like the Sophias are excellent and have good bass. All are subject to your ears. I use mine in Cary 805c Anniversary amps with Quad 988 speakers. The detail of the speakers seem to lend themselves to mesh plates. I have yet to try the new Valve Art or the better TJs / Shphias and would like to.