300B or 2A3?

All, I'd really appreciate your advice here. I haven't heard an amp using either of the above tubes, but I'm looking to buy one or the other. In a nutshell, what is the difference is sound between the two? I'm looking at an 8watt 2A3 or 9watt 300B, both SET. They would run a pair of Audio Note ANe/SPe HE Signatures (98db)so I think even 8 watts is probably sufficient, however I have no idea of what the two tubes sound like.
I listen to a lot of Jazz, Female vocal Pop (sorry ...) and some soft Rock. No Orchestral stuff at all. Thanks!
hueyoz

Showing 1 response by lak

As already mentioned above, I think you would probably like both the 2A3 and 300B. It's really a matter of personal preferences and until you hear them in your own system you won't know which you prefer. You should get better bass response with the 300B.
I thought someone made an amp that would work with either 2A3 or 300B tubes (Interchangeable), might be something to look into?
At one time I owned Cary 2A3 monoblocks. Now I have an Allnic T-1500 300B integrated. I'm happy with the Allnic.