$3000 alternatives to Decware Zen Torii tube amp?

Hey guys,

In the future I'll be buying a $3000 tube amp and pre, and I'm needing insight on my options, used or new.

My favored sound is emotionally involving and musical, lush, and has a great midrange for vocals. I dislike a bright sound.

Speakers at the moment might be a Nola Boxer, 8ohm 90dB.

I have *very* strong interest a Decware Zen Torii, and the main purpose of this is to ask if there's any alternatives to the Zen Torii I should consider. Would I be doing the right thing by my musical tastes if I get the Torii, or am I making a mistake and there are better options?

(I'm aware the Torii, while it has volume control, would like a pre-amp, and so I'd buy one in the future while I live off the built in volume control)
hygienist

Showing 1 response by douger

Hello, I have had my Zen Torii 3 for 3 weeks. While it is not fully broken in it is magical. The amp will not cause any brightness, but there are trim controls for bass and treble to ensure the best match with your speaker's impedance.

The Torii likes a very good preamp. I run CD's directly from my Emotiva ERC-2 and Musical Fidelity M1DAC. I play LP's through my AVA Super PAS 3i, using the tubed phono stage through the tape outs and it is sublime.

With the Torii clarity, the stiffly choked power and the full tubed rectification, I think you too will agree
it is the best choice. If you don't, you may return it or
sell it to someone who does not want to wait for theirs...

If you are near Omaha you may hear mine.