3000.00 grado vs 1800.00 koetsu black

i dont see anything specifically addressing these 2. i an lp12 with the ittok arm. i could buy a used grado for around 1600.00 or a new black. my equipment is all tube (amps, pre, etc..) the grado sonata is what i presently have.. i like it but there is sometime some distortion on the upper freq.. i have set the table up with the geo disc.. but not sure if this is accurate enough.. i would really like some of your help.. my phono will handle either cart..

thx
bluebottle

Showing 1 response by darkmoebius

Bluebottle, are you talking about the Grado "The Statement"? ($2,500, btw)

It is a fantastic cart, but not many people can honestly say the have EVER ACTUALLY HEARD IT. Many will try to guestimate it's performance from Grado carts lower down the food chain, but almost none will be speaking from first knowledge and experience - which means their input is worthless.

I own "The Statement", it is great. It has that Grado midrange, but much more refined. It has terrific highs. It has great bass. It has what the other, less expensive, carts lack.

Like everything in vinyl, it is matter of finding great synergy with a tonearm and the rest of system.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the Grado vs. Koetsu comparison because I have never heard Koetsu in my system.