300 B Shuguang Black Bottle tubes

Just got them from Canada (from NA distributor) and put as a replacement to my Audion Silver Night 300 B. I used to have 300 B (Hot Rods marked), I think they were codenamed as Golden Dragons (correct me if I am wrong), had to replace them recently, I got what I could get in Russia - Svetlana 300 B ones. Svetlana by all means not bad tubes (I thought way better than the ones I used which came with amp), but Black Bottles are just another league way up from what I heard. Suddenly bass became very articulated (used to be rather boomy), soundstage is a huge improvement at all.

They are in burn in process at the moment (as I read they really start signing after 300 hours), I am wondering whether anyone did have an experience with them and whether it is as much positive as mine (very addictive tubes!!!!).

Anyone?
salavat

Showing 1 response by cheapmike

I am glad someone else is also appreciating the Shuguang, I actually prefer them over the newly minted Western Electric 300b. It seems like the Shuguang Black Bottle has more "bass slam" and more articulate than W.E. The Golden Dragons Iv'e heard not bad really, like them better than Svetlana. Let us know any other discoveries. Mike