30 Amplifiers Totaling $428,740.00 In Search of Audio Nirvana

Yes it’s true! I have both owned and auditioned 30 of the top selling amplifiers Totaling $428,740.00 in search of that secret sauce called Audio Nirvana. All though there is no one size fits all, they all have their own special touch of magic for someone at a price point and sound signature that will be a fit for your musical listening taste. With that being said, this long list of amplifiers ranging from $2500.00 MSRP to $85,000.00 is what I experience through trial and error while running the gamut of Class A-AB-D and Tube Amplifiers from a variety of the top Amplifier Make and Models listed below.

Anthem Integrated 225

Adcom 575SE 

Audio Research 160S

Bell Canto 600M 

Block Audio

Bryston 7BSST2 

Divalet Expert Pro 220 

Gryphon Diablo 

Krell Evolution  

Hegel H30 

Luxman M900U 

Merril Eliment 118 

McIntosh 452 

McIntosh 601 

Octave Audio V110  

Musical Fidelity Titan 

Parasound A21 

Parasound JC1 

Pass Lads X250.5 

Pass Labs X350.5 

Pass Labs XA160.8 

Pass labs XS300 

Plinius SA-250 

PS Audio BHK 300 Signature 

Primaluna Premium HP 

Primaluna Prologue 

Sim Audio W7 

I actually couldn't believe it myself until I looked at my spreadsheet 5.5 years later and said WTF have I done? All that said I can truly say it has been one fun ride! 

The purpose and goal for posting this long list is of amplifiers was to share my thoughts and experiences with you from a unbiased point of view with Absolutely No Quid Pro Quo :)

Cheers

128x128blumartini
@oddio @tparr8

If you auditioned 30 amps on various systems or speakers then you didn't audition anything.

Just seems like a manic post. I glanced at it, but it's too much to even begin the effort of trying to make sense of or to place his post in any meaningful context.  

The purpose of the post was to engage with others who may have had questions and or exchange experiences. Again take a reading lesson, I have owned over a 3rd of the amps listed and have had unlimited access to the others on the list shared by a small but choice group of audiophiles friends who actually enjoy the hobby and thought it would be helpful to others. We for the most enjoy what we do and share our evaluation experiences and our quite happy to answer unbiased questions as it relates to them.

Cheers
@oddio

The purpose of the post was to engage with others who may have had questions and or exchange experiences. Again take a reading lesson, I have owned over a 3rd of the amps listed and have had unlimited access to the others on the list shared by a small but choice group of audiophiles friends who actually enjoy the hobby and thought it would be helpful to others. We for the most enjoy what we do and share our evaluation experiences and our quite happy to answer unbiased questions as it relates to them.
if possible please comment on

i currently own Pass Labs XA160.8 ( feeding it directly from Chord Dave DAC ) had Audio Research REF 6 as a home demo and i could not belie how much sound quality improved making listening experience more enjoyable. I always thought that having most direct connection in the signal path was the best but after trying AR Ref6 i now think differently. 

if possible can you describe  how it compares to Luxman 900u,,  something i'm thinking on trying, I really  really love my pass labs ( came from Parasound JC1s  and for money i think they are best set of the monoblocks that you can get in 4K range used ....

Also interested in Diablo 300 ( assuming that is what you had ) I've only listened to it at the dealers listening room with Focal Sopra 2. 
I have Sopra 2s as my main speakers 

Tough one as I love the pass 160.8. Luxman on the other hand is one hell of an amp as it lean's a bit more musical tube like imho than the 160.8 but again that's my opinion. The music you listen to, the volume that you listen at as well as your room size are also big factors.

Now as far as the Diablo is concerned it does alot right especially having the synergy of the power and preamp all under one roof "Done Right" is a great financial decision Sound to value proposition. That integrated is sweet and more power than the Pass or the luxman with the Synergy of the pre and power amp system matched is definitely another great option.

So the net is thathelp. Finances, room, music, speakers and volume level that you listen too will all a determining factor as all the above are awesome picks.

Cheers!
Post removed