3 foot speaker cables, Red Dragon 500 WPC Class D amps to Revel Sub-15s

Howdy,

I am reconfiguring my system, and need to find a set of speaker cables for short runs between a pair of Red Dragon Class D 500 WPC amps to a pair of Revel Sub-15s.  The amps receive their signal from the low pass side of a Marchand XM44 crossover.  Each pair of subs and amps are on opposite sides of the room—the amps sit on top of each sub, with a couple vibration isolation devices in between.  The amps get their signal from the crossover via a pair of Straightwire Virtuoso XLR cables.

As an aside, I had a Revel LE-1 paired with the subs, but like every other LE-1 in the world, mine had a major meltdown a few years ago.   Its been a long time since the LE-1 failed on me, but I’m actually pretty sure my current setup sounds as good if not better.    
Thanks.

Mitch
128x128vermonter

Showing 1 response by millercarbon

As Duke said, use hookup wire. Save your money for where it will make a difference. I did compare anyway of course and sure enough, no difference. So I use ordinary speaker wire. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 Save your money for where it will make a difference.