$2500 Phono Stage Suggestions

My current phono is a Whest Two, VPI Classic with a Ortofon 2M Black MM cart. No plans to change the cart. anytime soon. The Fosgate, Parasound JC3 all seem to get good reviews along with the Sutherland 20/20. If I purchase thru Audio Advisor they have the Fosgate and PP3 with a 30 day return but I wont be able to compare only return one for the other. I will be calling a local dealer to see if can get a Fosgate demo. No complaints with the Whest just looking for a clear step up. Rest of my setup is Cary SLP03 tube pre, Spectron amp and B&W 802D speakers. Any others I should consider?
stl114_nj

Showing 1 response by braab8

+1 for the K&K Maxxed Out phonostage I had the the latest iteration of the Maxxed Out until about a year ago and in a word (which is useless when trying to describe this unit)was UTTERLY FABULOUS! Fast forward to August, I had Kevin install the latest updates... sorry I can't help the cliches but it IS AN ALTOGETHER different phonstage.Honestly I can't say that I've fully even broke it in, all work you know. Do yourself a favor and at least audition one and see if it's your flavor.
Also not sure if many current Maxxed owners know ,Kevin has developed a new face plate that encompasses polarity,stereo mono, mute and switching between the MM section and the MC section all on the front panel,PLUS,,,, are you read for this? variable loading and capacitance for the MM section.
prior to having decided to upgrade to the latest revision I have always tried to have current owners explain just what was gained, I NEVER got a straight quantitative,or qualitative answer, now I totally understand it's..... (sigh)