$250 used speaker cables for warm system

I'm looking to upgrade from my Monster Z Series speaker cables and could use a few suggestions.

System:
SF Line1 Pre
Odyssey Stratos amp
VA Bach speakers
SignalCable interconnects
REL Storm sub

I listen mainly to Rock such as Pearl Jam, Audioslave, Jack Johnson, etc.
My system leans toward the warm side and could use more detail and speed. I'm not opposed to DIY kits such as those from DIYCable. Others have suggested solid core cables for the VA's, I've even considered DIY silver designs, but they are bit out of budget.

Oh and they need to be 10' and shielded.

Thanks
snipes

Showing 2 responses by snipes

Thanks for the cable tips everyone. It looks like I have a few I need to investigate a bit further. The Kimber 8 TC falls within my price range so I may try that one first.
In response to the CAT-5 suggestions: At one time I considered doing this, but lately it seems to have fallen out of favor with the "in crowd" :) Considering the amount of work it takes to make a set, at least the Chris VH recipe, I'm shying away from doing it.

Sean: I've heard similar things about the Anaylsis Plus...you either love em or hate em. The reason I mentioned the shielding is due to all the A/V clutter between my amp and speaks. Do the Kimber flavors you mention fall into the low inductance catagory?

Does anyone have experience with Jon Risch's Belden 89259 DIY? Will this wire meet my needs?

Thanks to all for your replies so far.