$250 used speaker cables for warm system

I'm looking to upgrade from my Monster Z Series speaker cables and could use a few suggestions.

System:
SF Line1 Pre
Odyssey Stratos amp
VA Bach speakers
SignalCable interconnects
REL Storm sub

I listen mainly to Rock such as Pearl Jam, Audioslave, Jack Johnson, etc.
My system leans toward the warm side and could use more detail and speed. I'm not opposed to DIY kits such as those from DIYCable. Others have suggested solid core cables for the VA's, I've even considered DIY silver designs, but they are bit out of budget.

Oh and they need to be 10' and shielded.

Thanks
snipes

Showing 2 responses by chelillingworth

I use the 47 LAbs OTA cable in my main system which is 24 gauge single runs and it is fabulous. This big wire for big bass idea is ridiculous. The cat5 I use for my second system the same way the 47labs single runs... I think that these elaborate braided cat 5 cable sound muc worse than simple single runs....
savesome money and pull apart some plenum rated cat5 cable 35 cents a foot at home depot. Use a single run of two wires on each side so you can make say a 10 foot pair out of ten feet of cat5 because it is in double runs..oh man I should finish my first coffee before I srat wrting here. Just hook it up with bare wire. You can make some great ic's with this stuff too.