$250-$400 CD player recommendations?

Am in the process of looking for a CD player in the $250-$400 range. Eithe new or used is OK. My preference is toward more detailed / spatial qualities, and of course good low end def. and non-harsh vocals/brass. I enjoy ambient/electronica, classical, jazz, rock, blues. Also, SACD, HDCD, coax digital out, would all be good pluses.

Have been reading the posts in the 'Best CD Player For The Money' thread and have started to form a partial list of specific players and some others. Would like to hear some additional input on what is the best bet at this point in time in this price range (the other thread is a bit older and spans a wider $$ range). Additional suggestions are welcomed.

Rega Planet
Cambridge D500SE
NAD C541i
Sony SCD-C333ES
Arcam
Marantz

TIA,
Chris
cdelplato

Showing 1 response by phasecorrect

Pioneer has a universal player for under 2 bills at Audioadvisor...also...unless you have a very revealing system...the differences between digital sources will be marginal...the extra ones saves on a more "esoteric" player can be put towards more CDs,etc...I have had good luck with Sony players for what it is worth...