$20k top, full range speakers?

Hello,
I have been searching and searching for a new or used pair of full range speakers in the $15k-$20k range.
I would like speakers that are enjoyable at low volume as well as high volume. I owned two full range so far both
Not great at low volume, making me always wanting back those kef 104ab...
I have been thinking about:
Sonus faber Amati anniversario
Rockport
Usher be20 (the weight and looks are a bit of concerns)
Opera Tebaldi

The room is 28'x24 L with openings and not austicslly treated as it is a living room.
I would appreciate any inputs.
Thank you
baam23f

Showing 3 responses by reynolds853

Okay, I'll give it another go:

Baam23f, if you find the speakers in your area that I listed and are able to audition them with your system to see if they are a good match, you might want to consider them.
Baam23f,

It's good to know your thoughts regarding asthetics. My speakers are Silverline Boleros in an exotic finish and I really like the visual statement they make as well as how they sound.

Both the Cantons and the Silverlines I mentioned are nearer to your $15k price point. Before learning more about your taste I was going to suggest auditioning some Anthony Gallo Reference 5 speakers. They are around $20k I think. I've never heard them, but I have heard the Reference 3 series and really liked them. The Reference 5's have the same tweeter and midrange drivers as the 3's, but a bunch more of them.

Regarding Silverline speakers, my listening experience is limited to the SR15, SR17, SR17.5 and the Bolero. Alan Yun - the guy behind Silverline - seems to use high quality drivers and operates them within an optimal performance range. The speakers of his that I have heard all use Dynaudio drivers but I would only imagine that he would have designed the La Folia II consistent with what seems to be his philosophy.

One of the guys that comes into the shop here is an audio reviewer - Alan links to some of his reviews on the Silverline website - and he kept the review sample of the first generation La Folia. He uses 350wpc Pass Labs amps, but I don't recall the exact model.

Another speaker in your price range that comes to mind would be the Dynaudio Sapphire. I think it was $16.5k. There's a shop about 90-minutes from here where I heard them and they sounded really nice. They also had either a Wilson Sophia or Sasha on display along with a Maxx 2. They may still have that Sapphire - I was in the shop in May 2010. If you are intersted please send me an email.

Through corresponding with another Audiogon member I recently learned of Living Voice speakers. Just to have a look at some nice craftsmanship and woodwork, check out their Vox Olympian.