2021 audio system wish list

So, what changes, if any, are you planning to your system for 2021? 
128x128zavato
Wow so this turned in to a COVID String.

That’s cool as I had it back in March was sick for a week. Back skating and base jumping. No hockey yet and have both my Ducati race motors on the bench so no runs to Austin and COTA. 
Hope all of you are well and recover from the COVID. I am praying and planning for a better 2021 no matter who is in the Dog House er White House.

Addition to house for music room ie. Tube system. Mc30s and mx 110z. Nordost Valhalla interconnect for mc500 amp to c2300 pre in main system in living room, also a koetsu cartridge for turntable. 
@skypunk,

'Wow so this turned in to a COVID String.
That’s cool as I had it back in March was sick for a week. Back skating and base jumping. No hockey yet and have both my Ducati race motors on the bench so no runs to Austin and COTA. Hope all of you are well and recover from the COVID. I am praying and planning for a better 2021 no matter who is in the Dog House er White House.'

Err...or in 10 Downing Street.

Our beloved leader, sometimes known as Bojo the clown, has just decided that it's no longer necessary for the recipients of the first Pfizer jab to get their second within 3 weeks as recommended by the the makers.

In their desperate rush to try to get EVERYONE vaxxed it looks as if they're now getting their story confused.

Pfizer have a terrible record for telling the truth, and Bojo has a fair rep himself. Profits before everything.

All this for a virus that kills 2 in every 10,000. Meanwhile influenza, bronchitis, pneumonia seem to have gone AWOL.

The real shame is they're not even prioritising the ones they claim are most at risk. Those 82.4 (over 70 year olds).

As for all of the NHS court cases from families who have lost loved ones from untreated cancer, diabetes, blood pressure etc in these last 10 months, well I guess targeted vaccine profits might eventually go towards paying some of those unfortunate families off.

When our beloved leader was questioned whether he himself had vested financial interests in any vaccine company, he strategically declined to answer.

Is this a health issue, or is it really a political one?

Who knows?

Anyway it's always good to hear of folks making recoveries and being more mindful of their physical and mental health as a consequence.

As Trafalgar and Times Square lay deserted they were enjoying mass get togethers and parties in Wuhan last night.

They might just be celebrating a little more in a few days time.

“All this for a virus that kills 2 in every 10,000.”

check your math

in the US the death rate is approximately 175 per 10,000. 98.25% survival rate. 
nonoise,

"I can't believe someone would post such easily provable false things as a way to whitewash matters."

I thought so, too. That is why I checked what states are actually following. I apologize if it clashes with your erroneous beliefs.
ozzy,

"That was the original plan for inoculation, but it has since been changed. 74 and under will get the vaccine with the general public. Whenever that is"

The link that I posted was from the Michigan government's official website as of last night. Even now, I tried to find any amend to that on the Internet with no success. As of now, it seems that it stands firm that you are in Phase 1C. Stay calm, it is coming to the provider near you way before it is coming to ordinary 16-year-olds. No need for bitterness. I am not trying to argue, but to shed some light on possible rumours. As Michael Jackson said "'cause the lie becomes the truth". No need to be upset about information that may not be accurate.

An unofficial source seems to agree...

The COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan in Michigan (aarp.org)

glupson,

Nowadays, anyone has 5 free minutes to go and check the record of the ones you're trying to beautify. It's in print, video and audio for all to see. You must think very lowly of those here to fall for such tactics.

All the best,
Nonoise
nonoise,

"All of the states shipments of vaccine were shorted at an average of 40%. This is malfeasance, pure and simple."

Pure and simple? Less you understand, purer and simpler it becomes. For start, make the list of the people who will administer vaccines and at what locations. Make sure you have enough personnel everywhere to satisfy some Internet warrior's wishes. Next step, make sure all the refrigeration is available at those spots and people handling it will be in synch. Otherwise, some of the vaccine will go to waste.

Once you have done that, check with manufacturer how many doses they can produce a day.

And that is not even scraping the surface.
nonoise,

"Nowadays, anyone has 5 free minutes to go and check the record..."

No offense, but the only reason I did go and check the facts about things you erroneously claimed is because I remember you frequently posting inaccurate "facts" that suited your narrative, but were way off the truth. "Medical student vs. doctor in the ER" and similar alternative truths.

No matter what you claim, an official state website is more credible source about that state’s vaccination plans than your wishful thinking.
"Is this a health issue, or is it really a political one?

Who knows?"

I do.

This thread, surprisingly, made me start thinking of what I could do audio-wise. As soon as the weather gets better, I will order an equipment rack I have been considering for some time. Maybe even some of millercrabon's Corning 703 treatments.
All,

I read the first page or so of this thread and felt so happy this New Years Day. Then I happened upon the "political" and "pandemic" posts and I became unhappy. With all respect to all points of view, it has taken this very informative post way off track and it would be oh-so nice to return to the title of this discussion.

Happy New Year to you all.
I ordered several power cords from Audio Envy and began experimenting with them in December. I've just concluded that they are pretty amazing. Once burned in, they put power cords in the $1k range to shame. Going to strategize and call to order more next week.

Also very much interested in moving on to a very good power conditioner. I have a Shunyata Hydra 6 and want to move more to SOTA. Any suggestions would be welcome but will post new thread soon.
nonoise,

"It's one thing to post a link to a chart that South Dakota posts and quite another to see news reports on adherence."

If this chart below is anything to go by, South Dakota is a little ahead of doing its part. Check "vaccinated per capita". Three times better than California and even New York.

It is one thing to have beliefs and quite another to see news reports on adherence.

How Florida ranks in administering the coranavirus vaccines (tampabay.com)

Now, back to reality.
Sorry guys, I am gulity as charged. Unfortunately, tempers run high and people get hurt because of misinformation they are presented on weird unrelated Internet fora.
No offense, but the only reason I did go and check the facts about things you erroneously claimed is because I remember you frequently posting inaccurate "facts" that suited your narrative, but were way off the truth. "Medical student vs. doctor in the ER" and similar alternative truths.
Gluppy has been sitting on that one, like an egg, for ages now. That was resolved by my misquoting a position in an article that I admitted to, but that was not the point of the matter and Gluppy knows full well that. My point back then was never in dispute or in error.

Talk about reaching. Still smarts, eh Gluppy?

I think most here now know the apologists for a faction in this country that's gotten it all wrong, resulting in hundreds of thousands of needless deaths and millions of infections. 

When one attempts to portray themselves as the reasonable ones by posting links that don't square with the actions of people as a means of placating their consciences or fooling others, one has to point it out. And apologizing for something while causally throwing out more silly insults is pretty lame. I"ll say no more on the matter either for awhile.

All the best,
Nonoise

Post removed 
@pokey77 

before going the power conditioner route, if you’ve not done so already, a dedicated power line to your listening area is something I strongly suggest. You might find that is all you really need, and even if not, it’s still quite a good system enhancement 
Speakers when I can audition them:  open baffle (pure audio project, spatial, or Tri-art maybe if I can put a bag over them)  or wide dispersion more conventional (which seem to have a similar sound/wider sweet spot that I like). 
@zavato

Thanks for the recommendation. Not to bore you, but I have three 10-gauge 20-amp dedicated lines. I needed to install a new 200-amp service for that, but it provided a nice sound improvement for sure. I’m very glad I dedicated the funds for that.

BTW, I've tried an IsoTek Aquarius and it was only a little better than the Hydra 6. My amp goes into the wall and preamp/dac & source are plugged into the Hydra 6. 
I am very interested to hear how the Technics SL G700 SACD player compares to my upgraded Oppo 105
In addition to replacing a cartridge that is at least 18 years old, and possible older (I can't recall) I am also considering rethinking how I listen to high resolution audio which presently is via a MacBook Pro, running JRiver, into a DAC via a USB cable. 
@nonoise ....checking his bumper stickers would be my 1st thought.

Hopefully this year, a whole new series of listening locales...a real living space, a dedicated space for my pursuits, and better organization at both.

6 fully developed prototypes, finally?  No other gear, other than necessities to link it all up....minimalist as possible in the living area.

Some thoughts and process related to room acoustics, as no room 'out of the box' will be perfect. (Erik S. might be impressed..."Somebody paid attention?!   Oh, Him? 🤦‍♂️....🤔)

@asvjerry 
Now that's funny. Thanks....I needed that for the new year.

All the best,
Nonoise
nonoise, if we can't relearn to laugh and stop being so damn grim 'bout all of 'this' 'n 'that', we are truly doomed....

Here's something that impresses me on a number of levels, but takes an 'open mind'...;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M

enjoy.....Yrs, J
Here's something that impresses me on a number of levels, but takes an 'open mind'...;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M

enjoy.....Yrs, J
Thanks it makes me smile .........
asvjerry,

"....checking his bumper stickers would be my 1st thought."

I forgot to take the price sticker off of my left shoe. Thanks for letting me know.

Crossing the Rubicon by Bob Dylan
Lyric of 2020, or 2021?

What are these dark days I see?
In this world so badly bent

I cannot redeem the time
The time so idly spent

How much longer can it last?
How long can it go on?

I embrace my love, put down my hair
And I crossed the Rubicon
Some things being contemplated for experimenting or for permanent in the listening studio:

Koetsu Blue Lace Onyx stone cartridge 
Koetsu Tiger Eye Platinum stone cartridge 
Air Tight Opus 1 MC cartridge
Adding a third tonearm; SME V12, 312S, or M2-12R tonearm 
Stacore active isolation platform 
Air Tight Single Ended Amp ATM-2211
Replace front row seats with stress less seating 
adding another turntable, probably the Transrotor Tourbillion

Thats it for now. It’s going to eat into my new sports car purchase budget, but, what the heck, I love music. 
...I'm still blown away by that damn ramp....the wood butcher in me, who works in modular constructs that go INTO woods like that on occasion, is left to gawk mouth adrape....*wow*...

The rendition lacks a certain...'precision'....but that it 'gets close enough' is outrageous....*L*  And just fun to watch....

"Wish list".....*mmmm*  Oh, likely something that would annoy the purists and befuddle the rest.  I'll know it when it appears. ;)
I don't do it on purpose other than my predilections....everybody got those....
Well, as I suspected I would, I replaced my decades old Arkiv B phono cartridge with a Kandid. What I unexpectedly did s well was sell my info 1 power supply and substituted, in its place, a Lingo 4. 

And since late winter I have been into streaming, using Qobuz via my laptop to my DAC and I am exploring a dedicated music player, but with my cartridge and power supply purchase, a streamer will have to wait for 2022. 
@zavato 

How is the Kandid working out for you? I need a Kandid and the Keel to have a full spec LP12. Currently have the Krystal and happy with it but was waiting for the next LP12 incentive to get them both at the same time.

I have drunk the Linn cool-aid and feel it sounds great.