2018 Axpona Eikon System

Went to Axpona last Friday and heard the Gayle Sanders (one half of the team that started Martin Logan) Eikon active speakers system. For me, one of the best sounds of the show at a realistic price ($25k). Sure there were better sounding systems (Wilson, Avantgarde, MBL, etc.) costing 5 to 20 times the price of the Eikon. However, the Eikon system is incredibly versatile, easy to use, room correctable, good to look at and plain amazing sound quality. At last, high quality HiFi that is affordable and does not make you feel like a guest in your own living room.

The Eikon system was the first time I actually thought about replacing my McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC275 MK VI, Gale 401A system (see my previous post on this system; https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/second-system-that-sounds-and-looks-spectacular-i-am-there ). I have no affiliation with Gayle Sanders/Eikon; just blown away with what I saw/heard.

Interestingly, via processor (DSP) adjustments they were actually able to make the sound of Led Zeppelin recordings sound good. I am a fan of Led Zeppelin and greatly appreciate their music. However, their recording, all the way up to 24/192, are not very good IMHO.
mgattmch

Showing 1 response by astewart8944

I heard the Avantgarde system and I agree it was stunning--but I just can't get beyond looking at it and asking myself where does that go in the real world? That system requires most people to change houses. I had the same reaction to the Von Schweikert Audio room, but on a grander scale--the physical impracticability overwhelms me, I guess. Between the two I thought the Avantgarde sound was more compelling, but that's just me. I'm sorry I didn't hear the Eikon system. Based on these posts I will make it a priority in the future.