2013 RMAF Analog Reports + Meet and Greet

2013 RMAF Analog Reports + Meet and Greet

Please feel free to post your attendance plans now and your analog experiences after the show.

The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest is quickly approaching. Just like the last few years, I’m planning to use this thread to capture anticipated analog related information about the show as well as impressions.

The past five years of RMAF visits have been fun, entertaining, and rewarding. I go to the show for many reasons but mostly to meet other music lovers/audiophiles and industry professionals. The diversity of music, equipment, and personalities are very interesting to me. A link to last year's comments can be found here: 2012 RMAF Comments

AudiogoN member Cello has set up a meet and greet on Friday night @ Garcia's Restaurant located across the street from the Marriot. The past four meet and greets in 2008, 2009 2010, 2011, and 2012 have been very enjoyable. I expect the same from this one as well.

When: Friday, October 11th, 2013

Where:
Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant
5050 South Syracuse
Denver, CO
Tel# 303-779-4177
Directly across the street from Marriott Tech Center
(Back Room)

Hi All,

This will be our 5th Meet & Greet at Garcia’s at the 2013 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. It will be Friday evening from 6-8 at Garcia’s across the street from the Marriott.
If you would like a copy of the flyer, send a PM
Please come and join us between 6-8 PM @ Garcia’s Restaurant directly across the street from the Marriott Tech hotel (we have reserved the back room).

Garcia’s has been kind enough to extend a 2 for 1 drink special to us (along with free Chips and Salsa) for Margaritas and Beer. You can also order food and have dinner as well.

In the previous years, it has been suggested that we put our AudiogoN Monikers in the field below our names on the RMAF badges. I think this is a great idea to continue into this year.

I'm looking forward to meeting (and catching up with) many of you at the show,
Dre
dre_j
Any new analog turntables or electronics being shown at this years show or some must see units that are worth seeking out?

I hear there will be a Saskia II on display this year with the EMIA electronics

Dre
Additionally, the Saskia II will have the Schröder LT and Reference tonearms mounted.

If past experience is any indicator, this should be a VERY nice analog setup.
Looking forward to hearing the Saskia II with the Schroder LT. I never got to hear the original Saskia but heard good things about it.

I was hoping a Tech Das Air Force One would be at RMAF. I don't see it in the listing of products on the RMAF website though.

I look forward to hearing the Schroder LT in the Xact Audio room on the Beat TT again as well.

It appears that Dertonearm will be at RMAF showing his Axiom tonearm in room 9023.

Any other Agon members showing analog equipment?

Is so, what room? Raul?
I will be in the main ballroom with a VPI Classic 4 with 3D tonearms and Bob's Devices SUTs.
Paul and I heard the original Saskia at RMAF several years ago. It was, hands down, the best turntable we'd ever heard.

Glad to see that Win's still going strong and apparently has found ways to improve an already stunning performer.

At one time he and I chatted about a "Saskia Jr.", built to a price point to enable those with more limited budgets to enjoy (some of) what he's created. One can dream...
I hope to meet a lot of you guys. Don't forget the Meet and Greet! If you manage to make it to the room, we might even play a 78 for you.

Doug,
To quote Judy Garland's song, "And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true." Better late than never, I suppose.
Although I won't be there personally, my latest "Lyra Etna" cartridge design will be playing in public for the first time at the RMAF. I understand that one cartridge will be playing in the Vandersteen/Rick Duplissea room; other rooms have volunteered for the second Etna, but a final choice has not been made yet.

kind regards, jonathan
Pcosta: Are you asking for a list of specifications or a technical description, or...?

If so, I suggest that a separate thread be made, since it wouldn't feel appropriate to pollute this thread (LOL).

If you visit our website, you can see a photo (only) of the critter. And I have been told that the second Etna will be playing in the VTL room.

kind regards, jonathan
OK, Pcosta. Electrical data and mechanical compliance same as Atlas. Weight lighter at 9.2g.

kind regards, jonathan
Pcosta: Let me rephrase the above so that you're not forced to look up numbers on our website.

Self-impedance 4.2 ohms, inductance 11uH, output voltage 0.56mV (measured with CBS test record; 5cm/sec., zero-to-peak, 45 degrees).

Compliance at 100Hz: approx. 12x10cm/dyne. Tracking force range 1.68~1.78g. Weight 9.2g.

Apologies for the earlier abbreviated message (smile).

kind regards, jonathan
Jonathon, Perhaps a glossy poster that can be taped on a bedroom ceiling for those that can't make it to the show.... not for me, of course!!:)
Oh boy, I'm down to 20 LPs to transport as carry-on luggage. I'll be in Denver in less than 24 hours.

Looking forward to seeing you Win. In less than 24 hours I'll be stopping by the room. :)

Good to hear the Etna is ready for prime time. Been waiting on this one a while. My other Lyra's are getting lonely. Maybe this one can join the crew.

Bobsdevices, I'll be looking for you in the ballroom.

Off to finish packing I go!

Dre
You guys have a good time. I just managed to get there once in 09 in the depths of the recession, when they were giving away flights. I have been looking at prices for flights from the UK, hoping they will drop with a day or so to go, no luck. It is just too expensive for me to get there, £580, that's 20.3 180gm LPs.
The Meet and Greet went very well. We met many new faces and saw many familiar ones as well. A great time was had by all. Thanks to all who made the meeting.

The second day for the audio systems confirm that they are warming up nicely. Sunday should be very good for some rooms.

Loving the vinyl...

Dre