2013 RMAF Analog Reports + Meet and Greet

2013 RMAF Analog Reports + Meet and Greet

Please feel free to post your attendance plans now and your analog experiences after the show.

The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest is quickly approaching. Just like the last few years, I’m planning to use this thread to capture anticipated analog related information about the show as well as impressions.

The past five years of RMAF visits have been fun, entertaining, and rewarding. I go to the show for many reasons but mostly to meet other music lovers/audiophiles and industry professionals. The diversity of music, equipment, and personalities are very interesting to me. A link to last year's comments can be found here: 2012 RMAF Comments

AudiogoN member Cello has set up a meet and greet on Friday night @ Garcia's Restaurant located across the street from the Marriot. The past four meet and greets in 2008, 2009 2010, 2011, and 2012 have been very enjoyable. I expect the same from this one as well.

When: Friday, October 11th, 2013

Where:
Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant
5050 South Syracuse
Denver, CO
Tel# 303-779-4177
Directly across the street from Marriott Tech Center
(Back Room)

Hi All,

This will be our 5th Meet & Greet at Garcia’s at the 2013 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. It will be Friday evening from 6-8 at Garcia’s across the street from the Marriott.
If you would like a copy of the flyer, send a PM
Please come and join us between 6-8 PM @ Garcia’s Restaurant directly across the street from the Marriott Tech hotel (we have reserved the back room).

Garcia’s has been kind enough to extend a 2 for 1 drink special to us (along with free Chips and Salsa) for Margaritas and Beer. You can also order food and have dinner as well.

In the previous years, it has been suggested that we put our AudiogoN Monikers in the field below our names on the RMAF badges. I think this is a great idea to continue into this year.

I'm looking forward to meeting (and catching up with) many of you at the show,
Dre
dre_j

Showing 4 responses by jcarr

Pcosta: Are you asking for a list of specifications or a technical description, or...?

If so, I suggest that a separate thread be made, since it wouldn't feel appropriate to pollute this thread (LOL).

If you visit our website, you can see a photo (only) of the critter. And I have been told that the second Etna will be playing in the VTL room.

kind regards, jonathan
OK, Pcosta. Electrical data and mechanical compliance same as Atlas. Weight lighter at 9.2g.

kind regards, jonathan
Pcosta: Let me rephrase the above so that you're not forced to look up numbers on our website.

Self-impedance 4.2 ohms, inductance 11uH, output voltage 0.56mV (measured with CBS test record; 5cm/sec., zero-to-peak, 45 degrees).

Compliance at 100Hz: approx. 12x10cm/dyne. Tracking force range 1.68~1.78g. Weight 9.2g.

Apologies for the earlier abbreviated message (smile).

kind regards, jonathan
Although I won't be there personally, my latest "Lyra Etna" cartridge design will be playing in public for the first time at the RMAF. I understand that one cartridge will be playing in the Vandersteen/Rick Duplissea room; other rooms have volunteered for the second Etna, but a final choice has not been made yet.

kind regards, jonathan