2008 RMAF – – – all things analog.

I have two questions/comments on the 2008 RMAF below.

1) First thing…

Who’s Going?

I’m going for my second consecutive year. I enjoyed last year a great deal. I had wonderful discussions with analog types like Thom Mackris, Alvin Lloyd, Jeff Cantalono/Thomas Woschnik, and Frank Schroeder. I had time with my own LPs on all of their tables as well as quite a few others. I’m looking forward to this coming year as well.

If you are going to the 2008 RMAF, I’d like to know so I can meet some of you out in Denver.

2) Second thing…

Any suggested Table, Cartridge, Arms to pay particular attention to?

Again, If you are going to the 2008 RMAF, I’d like to know so I can meet some of you out in Denver.

Dre
dre_j

Showing 3 responses by dgad

I'll be there. Maybe with a camera or maybe not. I have a few things I very much want to hear. I will be hanging out w. High Water sound a bit and listening to some horns and "new technology" speakers.

On to the comment of the My Sonic Lab Eminent above. The Air Tight PC-1 is very close in sound, and maybe a little bit better. They are almost he same cartridge. There is a new My Sonic Labs Hypereminent that is out on the market as well. I want to hear the strain guage this time. It was not working in Munich this past May. We might be doing some cartridge shootouts in the Highwater Sound/ TW Acustics room if time permits or at night. I have a cartridge specially prepared for me to pick up at the show. It should be interesting.
Very true unless you are neurotic perfectionist like myself who should be happy but is always looking for more. I need to get off this merry go round. Only 1 more show to do after Rocky Mountain. CES in a few years.
Slipknot1,

I wish I met you there. Couldn't make it friday night but did Saturday. Your impressions are identical to mine and your comments identical as well. The Mastersound Room sounded incredible at the Hyatt. The Symposium Speakers have me more than tempted. But.... they need the long wall which I can't do. I also wish they had SET amplification on them to hear what more they are capable of, although the Emotive gear is no slouch.