2006 BEST Female Vocal CD/SACD/XRCD

I love music, especially female vocal. Maybe you guys listen to lots of CD last year, if you only pick 1 female vocal CD last year? What will that be? Actually, the CD does not have to be released in 2006, but please pick the one you heard and found in 2006.

Here is my choice:

http://www.nativelanguage.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NLM&Product_Code=NLM-0949-2
audiorichard

Showing 3 responses by rar1

I would choose Mozart's "Le Nozze di Figaro" conducted by Rene Jacobs on Harmonia Mundi. Take your pick from Veronique Gens or Patrizia Ciofi or Angelika Kirschschlager as best female vocalist. They are all outstanding.

Regards, Rich
AR:

I think that female vocals gets interesting, when the listener is willing to explore different genres of music. Typically female vocals is taken to mean jazz and pop music and then you get the usual suspects ... Eva Cassidy, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Patricia Barber, etc.

If you are willing to explore opera (Anna Netrebenko), country (Rosanne Cash), world, or even goth (Evanesence comes to mind), you will get to experience the purity of the female voice in a whole new way.

Good listening, Rich
AR:

I still think that you are better off doing this by genres, but rather than have you pout ...

Anna Netrebko

her most recent work is
Violetta - Selections from La Traviata / Netrebko, et al

Regards, Rich