$2000 Tektons, which one for my use?

Hi,

I'm new here, glad I found this forum. I have a receiver from 2007, specifically the  Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH.
I'd like to hook up a pair of stereo speakers to listen to music only, no movie watching. There are quite a few choices in my price range for full-range speakers (Lore, Uruz, Perfect SET, Enzo XL)  I've read through their descriptions and customer reviews on Tekton website, but have not heard any in person. I'm not an audiophile by any means, so exotic specs and ultra exotic amps, DACs, interconnects,... are not in my realm of knowledge. I'm just looking for a fairly good pair of speakers to listen to rock music and classical. My music collection is all on CDs. I do have an SVS subwoofer (cylinder shape, about 4feet tall) that I can pair with the speakers. What would you recommend as a starting point? Should I consider mid-range speakers? Thank you for any advice!
atemoya
I think a lot of those used Tektons for sale is the speakers weren't the original buyer's cup of tea.

They probably figured it was easier and less costly to sell out right rather than go through talking to an indignant Erik Alexander and going through a tedious "making like new restoration" so as to get all their money back in case of a return. I've heard he has taken money off the return price for things as little as finger print smudges. Wow...
Boxer, what is really interesting is that they invest so much time defending their position.
Dill...we are just pointing out yet another lie by the Tekton talking heads...just tell the truth , pretty simple
Tvad,
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

Dill,
I agree

missioncoonery,
As I stated, you just dug further into it than I did. Can’t blame you for doing that though... They do make a good product & if I were actually looking for a new pair of speakers, probably would have done the same. All the best with your speaker search!