200-amp Breaker Panel Question

My current 100 amp panel is being replaced tomorrow with a 200-amp panel with a copper bus (along with my meter box outside so that the electric company will then run 200 amp lines to my home rather than the current 100 amp service). I've read conflicting opinions here and in other forums regarding whether your dedicated lines should be on the same phase while also trying to place the noisier appliances (dryer, refrigerator, AC etc,) on the opposite phase. If you have any actual experience with this topic or are an electrician and an audiophile, I would certainly appreciate your input to help me resolve this issue.

I am also planning on having my dedicated lines on the first circuit breakers after the power line enters the breaker panel.

I cleaned the copper bus with CRC and treated it with Caig Pro Gold. Of my six dedicated lines (all of which are home runs), 4 of them are 10 gauge conductors in flexible Greenfield conduit and two of these are for my monoblock amplifiers and will be linked to 30 amp circuit breakers. Finally, for various reasons, neither a sub-panel or second mains panel are options at this time.

Any other suggestions you can think of?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide.
fmpnd

Showing 2 responses by jea48

I didn't put my amps on 30 amp breakers yet as I only had 2-pole 30-amp breakers which would then mean they would be on both phases (since the 2-pole breaker is twice as wide). I am going to pick up two single-pole 30-amp breakers tonight........
When you go to buy the breakers check out the price on single pole 15 and 20 amp breakers. You should find they are exactly the same price as the single pole 30 amp breaker.

The contacts are exactly the same in the 15 and 20 amp breakers as the 30 amp..... Only the trip unit is different for each breaker.

If you are using NEMA 5-15R duplex/s or NEMA 5-20R receptacles the largest breaker you should feed the receptacle with is 20 amp. (20 amp recept/s shall be fed by a 20 amp breaker.)

Your licensed electrician you hired should have informed you of that fact.
The purpose of the branch circuit overcurrent device, in this case a breaker, is to protect the branch circuit wire and electrical outlet, the receptacle, from being overloaded.

It is not designed to protect your audio equipment. Your equipment is protected internally by fuse or circuit breaker protection.

The wattgate receptacle is rated for 20 amps , 125 volts .

Modern day breakers, as found in homes, should have more than enough built-in lag time to power up your Amps.