2 prong power cable

Never paid much attention until recently but my Marantz PM11S3 has a 2 prong power cable.  Anyone know of upgraded power cables with only 2 prongs.  I'd like to replace the stock cable for one that will help with imaging and a nudge toward neutrality since the Marantz tends a teeny bit toward warmth.  Thanks.
mewsickbuff
I recommend you research power cords a bit, only because you seem to want recommendations for specific cords, but you keep getting advice for what to look for in a power cord. For an amplifier, which draws a lot of current in order to drive the speakers, you will want a power cord with thicker conductors (wires). This allows more current to both enter and leave the amplifier, usually leading to things like more powerful bass, clearer imaging and a bigger soundstage. I would recommend getting a 12awg or even 10awg power cord.

If you’re not familiar with awg numbers, lower numbers mean thicker conductors. The wire in your wall is normally 12awg. So definitely look for that. As for three pin vs two pin, it doesn’t matter as long as your unit can accept a three prong power cord and that just depends on the power cord inlet. I have a subwoofer amp with a two conductor IEC inlet sized to accept 3 prong cords as well. The third pin will just connect to the ground line in your wall outlet, which has no current flowing through it and is used as a safety path to drain excess current in the event of a short. It will not connect electrically to your unit.

You will find, as you read, that different cable/connector constructions and materials will affect sound to a much smaller degree than the size of the conductors. Copper is a great place to start, with many preferring high purity copper. Some like silver plated copper. This applies to cables and connectors. With regards to shielding, some people swear by it to keep the power cord from inducing noise in speaker and signal cables, but many find it subtly reduces dynamics and makes the sound a bit compressed.

I’d recommend starting with an unshielded cord with either 12awg or 10awg conductors and high quality plugs. DIY is also very effective with regards to power cords, though the cost of good cables and connectors is surprisingly high, so you will still need to spend a bit of cash. There are some great designs I’ve used on the VH audio website and I’m about to make new cords using this tutorial: http://image99.net/blog/files/be8de0c383c5434907610d6b55049e69-75.html

Good luck!
I'm curious to hear about your impressions of the 2 AudioQuest NRG-X2 cables you decided to go with. I am looking at the same cable mostly because a shorter more flexible cable would work better for me on my Marantz set up. Also, any concern for the outlet plug end of the AudioQuest cable not being polarized? Thank you.