2 JL Audio F112s or 2 Velodyne DD... wihthMBL 121?

I'm considering adding a couple of subwoofers to augment my main speakers which are MBL 121 monitors. Highest priority is integration for music - I've a musical taste ranging from classical to hard rock, pop, vocals. My current listening room is quite large, and is part of an open plan house we are renting. Room size is about 30' by 40' with vaulted ceilings.

I will likely move house to a smaller room/apartment in about a year, so I don't want something that would overpower an apartment, but I do want a full-range sound. Music is highest priority, but I also use the system for movies too.

Have folks compared the subs I mention, and in the case of the Velodyne, would the DD-12 make the most sense vs. the larger DD models? I think the JL Audio is the new kid on the block and has a great rep, but the Velodyne DD setup seems potentially more sophistocated and allows for better integration? Anyways, any advice welcome. Thanks.
128x128outlier

Showing 1 response by ras422

get the jl audio f113-very easy to integrate --easiest sub I have ever used to set up also the best--real bass timbre not just one note thumps--? feel free to email me--rich