2 different Bedini 150/150 Mk II Amps

I was comparing the insides of another Mk II with mine and they are really different. The first one is like my old one with no markings on the transistors. John Bedini was supposed to do some kinda voodoo inside them to work his magic. I remember this detail because my ex-girlfriends daughter cooked that amp 30 years ago by playing it all day at max volume when she was staying home from school one day. My repairman was never able to get any details on those trannys so the amp was never repaired. I guess we can't post pics so I'll just have to describe it.I purchased a different new to me B150MkII recently and the insides are really different. All the trannys are labeled Made in Mexico and there are 4 new ones on the circuit boards along with other different components. The other amp didn't have these 4 extra ones or slots to install them. Everything in my amp looks very fresh and new although it could be just well kept. It sounds fantastic.
I figure there are 3 possible scenarios with my new amp:1.I had read that John Bedini had modified these amps during the run so perhaps I have a later version.2.I had read that JB also would do mods for you when you sent it in for service.3. A really skilled tech modified this with a new design and new circuit boards which I doubt.
Is there anyone out there who could help me out.Also the only thing wrong with mine is the little light in the power switch doesn't work or will sometimes flicker. I can't find the direct replacement so if anyone knows a source could you please let me know. ThanksBobber

skeepowder

Showing 2 responses by rocray

Hi pmotz,
    I do believe autospec is Will Vincent's handle on agon. As far as I know,he is one and the same. I remember "autospec"selling a couple of Bedini amps a while ago. I also seem to remember JB mentioning Mr.Vincent in a couple of posts here before he passed away.  Best of luck,
                 Ray
Hi skeepowder,
   You may want to try contacting Will Vincent. I believe he has worked with JB,and is handling some of JB's equipment from his estate. If anyone would have any insight on the differences of these amps,it may be Mr.Vincent.