2-Channel to home Theater

I'm currently building a 2-channel system consisting of teh following components:

Sonic Frontiers Line 1 Tube Preamp
Thorens TTA2300 Dual Mono Amp (140 wpc, totally separate power supplies and cords -- very sweet)
Joseph Audio RM25Si Loudspeakers
Camelot Round Table DVD/CD Player
Panasonic CT34wx50 16:9 34" Direct View

If I want to go multi-channel at some later date, what would be the best way to go for electronics? Does anyone have recommendations for a surround processor that would mesh well in this system?
abuckf52d

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Abuck:

I think I am going to agree with the first suggestion. Get a nice, cost effective a/v receiver (an NAD preferably) and then with the center and rear channel speakers, run them through the receiver and your front L/R speakers?? Just run them through your Sonic Frontiers/Thorens preamp/amp setup. Before hooking up your center channel and rear channel speakers, run the receiver through the processor loop of your Sonic Frontiers preamp, that way when you just want to listen to music, you can switch off the receiver without effecting the sound quality of your 2 channel setup. You can always switch it back on when you want to watch a movie.

--Charles--