2 channel Poll: Vote: Do you use Tubes or SS?

after using tubes for almost 12 years now, 2 of those using hybrids, i am now going to use Solid State amps for the 1st time in my audio life. Reasons? I have too many high maitanence things in my life (job,girlfriend car, not in any particular order) and can't see using 16 output tubes in addition to the 32 I use for source gear. So the question, of the memebers here, chime in, do you use SS or Tubes??

Btw: this isnt a Tubes vs SS is better thread.
128x128justlisten

Showing 1 response by kirk930

i leave my tubes on 24/7. i have never had any major promlems. ss i could not live with. i have a krell 200s running subs in my theater. it is a great amp but i could not live with it for highs and mids. i find it hard to believe that someone can hear tubes and still think ss sounds better. tubes are more lifelike ,larger, and just more real. with ss depth does not exist. i know you ss guys are thinking this guy is crazy. the tube guys are nodding your heads though. just remember ss guys and gals i was a huge ss guy until i heard tubes.it was a crushing and eye opening experience for me. i could not stand the fact that my class a millon watt krell had been beat by that little 70 watt piece of junk with light bulbs sticking out of it.