1st post- New 2 vinyl. Pro-Ject Debut III question

Just purchased a lightly used Debut III with Ortofon OM-20 cartridge. I am running a Bob Carver Sunfire Theater Grand II Pre/Pro which has a Phono input on the back. I just read that the Debut III has a built in Phono Stage. Can I plug the Debut III into the Phono inputs on the Sunfire or do I need to use an unused input like "tape"? I'm not sure if there is a "quality" difference between the two phono stages. My gut feeling is I should not input one phono stage into another. I don't want to "mess" up anything. Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks
epeabs

Showing 2 responses by zd542

I'm pretty sure that the Debut III does not have a built in phono preamp. If thats the case, then you can't use the phono input on your preamp. You will need to connect it to one of the other line level inputs on your Carver.
I just read my post again. I messed it up. What Ablang said is correct. If your TT has a built in phono stage then you need to use a regular line level input. If, not, then you need to use the one in your preamp or buy an external one. I'm almost positive your TT does not have a built in phono stage, though.