$1k Integrated SS for B&W DM630i

I bought a pair of B&W DM630i in 1995. I spent weeks going to various stores in NYC, listening and these were by far my favorite for my budget. Originally, I used a Lafayette receiver and was very happy with performance. I then inherited a Onkyo which I never really liked and it recently passed into the recycle bin.
I always thought I would wind up with a NAD. Over Memorial Day a friend bought a NAD C375BEE. It was such an improvement for his system! So I went to the same store and told them I needed to compete with him. The store recommended a 15yr old Bryston B60 (Interconnects upgraded, no remote)
The Bryston would take most of my $1k budget. As I also need a wireless DAC (NAD DAC-1 or Audio Engine or Cambridge), I am considering a used NAD C370 or if possible a C37*.
My buddy's C375 drives his huge JBLs with a seemingly endless reserve of power. I don't listen as loud as he does, but when people come over, it is nice to be able to crank it up.
The B60 is very much my style. Small, clean, few knobs or 'tweaks' and at 100w @ 4ohms, seemingly would pair quite nicely with my speakers.
But the frugal part of me thinks that a C370 would bring me a very similar experience, for half the price.
I have always described my musical preference as "Clean". I prefer Fender to Marshall, single coil pickups to dual, jazz over metal, but what I really enjoy is what I believe the term "soundstage" implies. That experience, that when you close your eyes, the music is live in front of you...
I am curious to try the B60, but wonder if I will be happy with 100w when the C375BEE is more powerful? I don't know the specs on my buddy's JBLs, but that amp pumps them pretty good...
alienqueen

Showing 2 responses by tbromgard

Im a fan of NAD integrated amps. I have owned a few including some recent ones. Although I have upgraded, I still believe the NADs offer great value for money, Im not alone. IMO, I would opt for the NAD. Another option is Cambridge which I have not owned. Or Musical Fidelity 100 watt integrated-has phono, and 2 tubes. You can find them used in the same price range. I would also recommend buying used to save money.