1990s speaker recommendation

Earlier this week I saw on my workplace bulletin board a good deal on some speakers that I remembered listening to for hours back in the mid 1990s when I worked at a series of HiFi shops. I tried to pick them up but was too late, but the incident got me reminiscing about speakers from that era and a quick look at my local craigslist shows a fair amount of inventory.

I'm looking for suggestions for a good pair of floor-standing or sub/sat speakers under $300 from this era. Style of music in our house runs almost the entire gamut. This would be complementing a pair of smaller a/d/s bookshelfs in our living room.

Please make recommendations of specific brands and models to look out for second hand. Thanks.
tr808

Showing 1 response by zd542

"I'm looking for suggestions for a good pair of floor-standing or sub/sat speakers under $300 from this era."

When you say "this era", speakers that were made in the 90's are just as diverse in sound quality as they are today. There's no "house sound", for lack of a better term. That said, I was a big fan of Mission speakers. You may be able to get a pair for $300.