1955-2001 Favorite Top Ten Rock Groups

To get a better feel for the types of people on this site, IYHO, what are your favorite rock artists top tenwise. I just like to know.
shubertmaniac

Showing 6 responses by tubegroover

Avguygeorge That wouldn't be Michael Jackson would it for "Thriller" in '83? Or are you talking combined? "Frampton Comes Alive" sold a bunch in the mid 70's maybe him?
The Bea-uls (Immortals), Beach Boys (1st Favorite), Greatful Dead (Hip concert memories), Doors(Morrison was one of a kind, performer and lyricist), Led Zepplin (Greatest Rock Band), Frank Zappa (most eclectic artist), Hendrix (our generation's greatest musician), Yardbirds (1st great white rock/blues group), The Boss (cause he gives his ALL)and a bunch more but only 10, right? bty anyone remember New Riders of the Purple Sage?
Hi Charlie so you remember. That is also what I remembered about them. They were an excellent touring band and fun as well. Kind of looked like they had been in the saddle for a month or so after a long hard ride. If John Dawson wasn't a quintessential hippy type, I can't imagine who would better fit the bill (maybe Jerry Garcia?) Sory for the misspeling SD!
Shubertmaniac How about Bonnie Raitt at the Bijou; David Bowie at Tower Theater; Taj Mahal at the Academy. Tell me you really saw Muddy Waters at the Main Point? Don't forget the Steel Pier where I saw The Supremes AND The Temptations in 1965 (10-15 minutes per set). Man Philly had a bunch of venues. Also The Electric Factory (Big Brother and Janis Joplin in was it 69?). And of course the free summer concerts at Robin Hood Dell in Fairmont Park. What great memories.