1955-2001 Favorite Top Ten Rock Groups

To get a better feel for the types of people on this site, IYHO, what are your favorite rock artists top tenwise. I just like to know.
shubertmaniac

Showing 4 responses by kthomas

Genesis, Talking Heads, Isley Brothers, Dream Theater, The Tragically Hip (definitely second that one), Joe Satriani, Counting Crows, Jane's Addiction, Tool and (of course) the Beatles :-)
Shubertmaniac - I like the Isley's variety, at any given time and over the course of their career. Everything from sexy love songs to seriously jammin' electric guitar. They recently released a 3-CD compilation that works chronologically through the past 40 years and is an excellent overview. Their sound changed with the times quite a bit from their earliest stuff, but considering how long their career is, it is surprising that there aren't longer stretches of time where they were "off".
Mes - I'd really like to see Tragically Hip live. I haven't seen any sign of them touring in the last couple years, though with their recent release they may be out doing so now. Some of their stuff strikes me the same way as the Rainmakers - don't know if you're familiar with them because most of their CDs have to be ordered internationally, but I have seen them live to great satisfaction.
Trejla - I live in St. Louis. The Hip probably have come through here several times, and I will check out their website so I don't miss them again. I, like so many others, took a 10 year hiatus from getting out while kids were young and career was ramping up. Life has somewhat balanced out now, and having moved to St. Louis a couple years ago, we're now fully settled and pretty familiar with the area, and I'm starting to go see concerts again. Thanks for the URL.