192 from usb/spdif to NOS dac to amp

I have some flac files that I want to optimize the SQ on.
I have an Audio Note NOS DAC with USB and coax inputs.
I have a Mac MINI with USB out.

My thinking is that if I route the MAC USB to a USB/SPDIF converter that Audirvana will recognize as a 24/192 device that it will convert the flac to 24/192. Then the output of the flac from the converter will then output to the NOS DAC, through the coax (spdif) at a better resolution (sq). Then the dac will not over sample anything at all because it has all been accomplished by the usb/spdif converter.

On my dac, the USB is inferior to the coax input but I do not have any way of converting my flac to any higher resolution that 24/96.

I hope this is enough info.
128x128mattzack2

Showing 2 responses by arh

I believe the coax input of your Audio Note will only recognize 16/44 redbook. What is the resolution of these native flac files? My experience with upsampling is it really doesn't add any new information. It is just allowing you to use a different path to decode the signal and therefore might sound better. Your Flac files into the audio note usb will probably never sound as good as playing cds into the coax input. By the way I have an Audio Note cd2 transport and an Audio Note2.1B dac as well as a Metrum Hex
Alan
I have always understood that NOS dacs are less effected by jitter than upsampling dacs. Also my Audio Note transport has no jitter reduction at all. Audio Note does not feel that jitter is really a problem with there gear.
Alan