160Hegel and DNLA . . .

In January I bought a Hegel H360 integrated amp. I was drawn to it because of its specs--especially the DLNA connectivity. Over the last (almost) year, I have enjoyed the quality of the sound and the elegance of the design, but the amp has regularly disconnected from the network. In recent weeks, it has gotten worse. I've reached out to Hegel and they are complexed, as am I.

Can any of you H160 or H360 users experienced this problem, too? Or have any other DLNA network folks seen anything like this, too? Thanks in advance.

Mike
mkaiser
@mkaiser,

Since you already replaced 3 routers and your other devices (Sonos and AppleTV) are working, it sounds like a Hegel 360 issue.  

Your plan to get another Hegel 360 from your Retailer sounds like the right plan.  
Here's an update for everyone. Hegel has acknowledged that my H360 has a networking problem. I returned it to the dealer yesterday. He will either repair or replace. I'll post more when I know more.
As promised, here's the update on this issue . . .

Hegel replaced the networking card in my H360 (I don't know how the title of this thread got changed to H160) in December. My dealer handled everything. As far as I know, Hegel was very responsive--sending the part to my dealer quickly and at no cost to him or me.

Like many, I have read threads on this forum where some owners were not satisfied with Hegel's support. Put me in the Satisfied column.

Mike
I have the H160 and it does tend to disappear as a target on the iphone 5s but it seems always show as available on the Macbook pros in my home. The only real issue I have with my Hegel is the volume. It uses the volume limit of the Airplay device, which often times is set way to high for the H160 and my bookshelf speakers.Short of adding a separate streaming device and giving up the Hegel internal DAC, I see no way to resolve that. But ultimately I fear I am going to have to go there before someone damages a driver on my SF Concertos. I'f you could just set a switch on the Hegel to never exceed ... like 68, it would not be an issue. The good and bad of integrated ....
Ben

I have a Hegel 360 and the network drops out all the time if I am using airplay with Apply music from my phone. It is directly connected to my router with an ethernet cord. I just turn the amp off and then turn it back on and it works again. Annoying for an amp that costs so much. 

More to discover