$1200... What would you buy?

I've been lurking a long time looking for a turntable. Posted a few times when I thought I knew what I wanted but never pulled the trigger. Now my budget is a little better so I'm curious, what would you recommend? Previoulsly I was considering older Denon's DP-59/60's but with more $$$ I have more options. I've seen VPI's in this range, Sota, Clearaudio, all types. Not sure if I should spend less on a TT and consider a TT amp or be better off with a better TT.

Current setup:
Reciever; Pioneer VSX-94txh
Front; B&W 602 S3
Rear; B&W 601 S3
Center; B&W LCR 600 S3
Sub; Outlaw LFM-1

Thanks.
botit

Showing 1 response by uru975

First question, does your receiver have a phono section?
If not you will/may need a phono preamp possible, depending on the cartridge you choose.
Second, rather than spending it all, why not try say between 550-850 and look for a good used Rega P3 or MusicHall MMR-5 or 7. Others will have other choices.
Analogue, is my passion in this hobby, and can take a fair amount of time and effort to get it right. My thought would be to start with something that is fairly easy and if you choose to back out won't cost you to much on the resale,if anything.
Definitely plunge on in to the deep end, but one can always upgrade, and the accessories/necessities are quick to follow up. Namely record cleaners, their solutions/enzymes, pads, brushes etc. All sorts of useful but not used a lot little tools, clamps, weighing scales, static brushes, and on it can and may well go. Perhaps mania is a better description than passion for me.
Music is meant to be heard and enjoyed above all else.
Play around see what it out there on vinyl and above all else have fun