110 ohm and 75 ohm Digital as i nterconnects

Has anyone tried using digital cables as analog interconnects? I've heard that using a pair of 75 ohm digital cables as interconnects can be really good to try in your system. More than one person has told me that the bass frequencies really became much stronger and more robust when this was tried. Has anyone found the same thing to happen when using 110 ohm AEX/EBU digital cables as interconnects as well? The inputs on my speaker's ICE amplifiers are balanced? Is there anyway to adapt a 75ohm cable to a 110 ohm cable but still use the balanced connectors?
Thanks for your advice in advance.
128x128sgr
I use some Mogami Gold AES 110 ohm balanced cables as interconnects, both for digital and for analog. They sound great for either application. You can get them at Musicians Friend for about 50 bucks per cable shipped. Great sound, very neutral and good construction. I use a Bel Canto Ref1000 mk ii (ICE) and run them from my Bel Canto DAC 3.
I too use the Mogami Studio Gold balanced cables for balanced analog interconnects, and I've been very pleased with them. For a 3 foot length, they are available for $34.95 from B&H Photo Video.

Re your first question, digital cables figure to do well interconnecting analog signals, subject to the usual system dependencies that affect most cable decisions. The reverse is certainly not true, btw (interconnects designed for analog applications cannot be expected, in general, to do well in digital applications, since impedance control is essential in digital applications due to the higher frequencies which are present).

Re your last question, I don't think there is any reasonable way to adapt 75 ohm unbalanced cable to 110 ohm balanced applications. Balanced and unbalanced cables are different animals altogether.

Regards,
-- Al
Correction to my previous post: The Mogami's I am using are analog cables, not AES/EBU digital cables.

Regards,
-- Al
Practical results might be different but digital cables make very bad analog interconnects. There are many reasons for that. Quality of the copper is poor - often silver plated since signal at high frequency (that coax is designed for)travels only on the surface. Inductance and capacitance are pretty high since only ratio of them sets characteristic impedance (and not the absolute value). Dielectric absorption is not the lowest since fancy dielectrics like foamed Teflon in oversized tubes are not used and finally shield carrying return is not the greatest idea as well as grounding shield on both ends (noise induced in shield becomes a signal).

If we check pricing for analog interconnects of particular brand - for instance Audioquest then we'll find that price is a function of dielectric and metal used (not to mention dielectric 35-70V voltage polarization unit).

Again, practical results may vary.