$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
You pay what you want to pay. Nobody is forcing you to write a check or hand over your credit card. If you think you need a $10k cable than so be it. The onus of that purchase rests on your shoulders. Don't blame anyone else.

ricmci,
You pay what you want to pay. Nobody is forcing you to write a check or hand over your credit card.

I donā€™t see the point of your replies.

No one is arguing that anyone here is being forced to buy super expensive cables. And of course there are people out there willing to spend that money on cables. Thatā€™s why they make them, obviously.
But whatā€™s the matter with someone else expressing the opinion: "I consider this a poor value, and wouldnā€™t spend MY money on it"? Further, if the products are charging super high prices based on dubious claims for their efficacy, thatā€™s worth commenting on too.

The whole mantra some people raise that "look, SOMEONE will buy it, so thatā€™s what itā€™s worth" is just so superficial. Sure, there will always be people who will pay high prices knowledgeably for products.Ā  There will also be suckers. Ā Ā  This is why itā€™s good to be able to distinguish truth from fiction.Ā  After all, people will pay a lot of money for rhino horns thinking they cure things like cancer:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/05/why-does-a-rhino-horn-cost-300-000-because-viet...

Dā€™ya really think all there is to be said about such phenomenon is "well, if someoneā€™s paying for it, thereā€™s nothing left to say?"

I do not debate that there is importance in discussing the pros and cons of products. The price of those products is an important aspect of that back and forth. However, I do not agree that we should be producing such condescending vitriol about those who choose to sell such products or those who choose to purchase such products. It is of their own free will to do so. If I chose to buy a $10k cable brand new from distributor and I wasn't happy with it, then I would feel it is my responsibility to figure out how to make right on that transaction.Ā Ā 

So my answer is no. Just because you paid it, there is always something to say. Whether you return the product, get your money back, rant on line, file a grievance with your credit card or PayPal, or bring them to court, there is always something to say. In the end, handing over your hard earned money (not talking about a defective used product) rests on your shoulders. You may have thought those shoulders were well informed. But in the end, maybe they were not and that burden lies on the purchaser.Ā 

Purchasing rhino horns to cure illness would not be a sound decision either medically or ecologically.Ā