$10K Budget for Speakers: Martin Logan Masterpiece vs Tannoy

For much under $10K I can get a pair of Martin Logan Masterpiece’s Classic ESL 9 (the new ones retail for $6.5). Alternatively, I might go ahead and get a used pair of the top-of-the-line ESL 13 with all the bolts and whistles the modern electrostatic speakers offer: an unbelievable 3D-almost-surround-like staging and very detailed, life-like sound. Those Martin Logans speakers do have a huge speaker emission surface (the sound radiating "panel") emitting the sound bi-directionally and these speakers are almost the human hight tall.
The same $10K would also get me a top-of-the-line Tannoy Arden speakers (8K per pair). On the used market, if I am lucky, I could get a pair of Turnberries. Tannoy, while does have some unmatched style and a "company history-story" factor, apparently doesn’t even come close to be able to give the same sound experience Martin Logan speakers do. Tannoy speakers radiate sound from a single 10", 12" or at best 15" driver. The speaker themselves are significantly smaller than Martin Logan ones. They are barely hip height.
The esthetics and design is a huge factor for me, I do love Tannoy speakers. But, from a practical standpoint, and because the main reason I am getting the speakers is still the SOUND, and not the speakers design, I am heavily inclined to get a less-by-my-opinion-styled speakers made by Martin Logan. Because MLs, regardless of the price, offer a wider, cleaner, more life-like sound than Tannoy speakers do.
If the sound reproduction is the only concern, why would I choose a smaller, a single driver Tannoy over state-of-the art technology implemented in Martin Logan?

esputnix
I like the Harbeths 40s as well but their looks are so plain that they may offend. I also like the Magnepan 3.7i but it lacks the deep punchy bass and wide seating area (Tekton has the bass but not the wide seating area either).  I've also heard the Sanders several times.  It was excellent sounding in a fixed, single seat (like giant headphones) but also requires very heavy power.
Some of these guys are nuts. All this noise about ML listener fatigue is simply white noise. Of course you choose ML’s over overpriced Tannoy’s! If you prefer realistic sound that has no equal choose ML. Always!!!
I've ended up buying Martin Logan Masterpiece's smallest model, ESL 9 9. They sound way better than ML Aeries I have had for the last 16 years. I also purchased two pair of Tannoy SGM 10b monitors which I would like to stack on top of each other to get a more sound volume. I haven't connected Tannoy speakers yet, but ML ESL 9 sounds to me hypnotizing. I can't wait to hear what Tannoy monitors sound in comparison. If both MLs and Tannoys sound equally good, I consider keeping them both. 
Well these two speakers will surly provide quite a contrast in presentation. Will be interested in what you discover.
@esputnix,

Yes, two entirely different approaches to high fidelity playback.

An eventual update would be interesting. You might end up loving both, but there's bound to be a preference.

Will the Dual Concentric Tannoys work in a stacked mode? Will the brand new shiny Martin Logans gradually lose their initial sheen?

Is it all going to be a eventual question of tone versus detail? 

One thing is immediately clear, the Martin Logans are an impressively elegant design.

No getting away from that.