$1000 amp

Still looking for a used power amp to drive Virgo III speakers with 90 dB/W efficiency, the following amps are around $1000 or less. I would appreciate any feedback or ranking in order of sound quality from anyone who may be familiar with them:

Conrad Johnson MF2250A (125 W)
Ayre V-3 (80 W)
Krell KSA 50S (50W)
Pass Labs Aleph 30 (30 W)

Thanks
raygun
I like the Pass Aleph 3, Class A and single ended, or how about an 845 tube amp or Onix SP3
A "used" (not abused) "Muse" 160mk2. It is strong, agile and delicate in its detail... just plain ole' musical. Of course, you have a list of the "normal" crowd of recommendations, but the Muse is a real (and sometims overlooked) beauty to own and listen through. It has pace, space and grace. This is THE amp for a grand or so (used). Couple the Muse with a McCormack TLC-1 passive line drive and get ready for a real show.
Tube Audio Design 60 if you don't mind tubes. they are on special for $900.. Check out the reviews...
I just sold a KSA 50s. It's a very good SS amp which I personally prefer to every other Krell I've heard (subject, of course, to power output limitations).

Marty

PS sale was primarily due to logistics (speaker matching favored tubes & mono format) rather than performance issues.
I just purchased Mark Levinson 332 for my B&W802N, and I will be selling Musical Fidelity A3.2 power amr for the same price I bought three months ago. Looks like new,box and manua
While keeping in mind that hawking our own gear is not the issue and helping someone out with a question is, I have aother amp suggestion. Since the Virgos are of high enough efficiancy to support a single ended tube amp (within a limited listening area), I could highly recommend a pair of Halo SPM-25 mono-blocks from Oasis Audio (Canada). They are nicely modified ASL SPM-25's and use 2 KT-88's (or 6550/EL-34's) per block with very impressive results. I can attest to the fact that they are extremly durable and have a very good sound. They are very open sounding. They also have a very tight and well defined bass-line. The Halo amps have that pristine quickness in the high end that only few amps can produce (mostly single ended tuber's). I used them with much success with a pair of PBN Montanas (that were about the same in eficiancy as your Virgos). They also ran a variety of other speakers (1.6's/CLS's/Spica's ~ on and on) that came and went... like they all seem to do. The Halo's used to sell for about 750.00 new. A steal (at that price) for a good KT-88 based SE tube amp.